We inspect learning disability services in Wales to check people are receiving good care.
How we inspect
We look at how services:
- Meet the National Minimum Standards for Independent Health Care Services in Wales
- Comply with the Care Standards Act 2000
- Comply with the Independent Health Care (Wales) Regulations 2011
- Comply with the Mental Health Act 1983, Mental Capacity Act 2005 and implementation of Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Meet any other relevant professional standards and guidance where applicable
Learning disability inspections are usually unannounced. This allows us to see services in the way they usually operate. The service does not receive any advance warning of an unannounced inspection.
The inspections are conducted by at least one HIW inspector and an external reviewer (with relevant professional experience). Inspectors will speak with patients about their experiences of care.
The document below provides guidance about what we will look at during an inspection. If you would like a copy of our inspection workbook please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting which inspection type of workbook you require.
How we inspect independent services , file type: PDF, file size: 450 KBPublished:450 KB