Peer Reviewers are health professionals from a range of specialisms across Wales
They usually form part of a multi-disciplinary team and their knowledge and expertise ensure our work is based on current practice and experience. This work is carried out in person or at times on a remote basis.
This helps us to highlight good practice and to reinforce and share Healthcare Standards within both the NHS and Independent Healthcare Sector for public assurance and improved service for patients.
We also provide a comprehensive induction program delivered remotely and opportunities for continuous professional development.
Peer reviewers will be issued with a framework agreement to provide services on a flexible basis.
Under this arrangement HIW is under no obligation to issue any assignments and peer reviewers are under no obligation to accept assignments. We will issue assignments when services are required.
We are looking for reviewers in the following specialisms:
- Managers working within planned care - such as those with experience of surgical waiting lists
- Emergency Department Doctors
- Community Nurses and practitioners
- Surgical Doctors and Nurses - including those with experience in hernia repair
- Consultant Anaesthetists - with Trauma & Orthopaedic theatre experience
- Trauma & Orthopaedic Consultant Surgeons
- Consultant Obstetricians
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) Nurses
- Mental Health Nurses or Practitioners - with current / recent Tier 1 to Tier 3 CAMHS experience
- Consultant Psychiatrists - specialising in CAMHS
- Psychologists - with current / recent Tier 1 to Tier 3 CAMHS experience
- Adult Critical Care Nurses
- Adult Critical Care Intensivist Consultants
- Learning Disability Nurses - particularly based in South Wales area
- Radiographers - with experience in ultrasound
- GPs and Midwives - with experience in Termination of Pregnancy
- Doctors/Consultants - IVF/Obstetrician/Gynaecology
- GPs - slimming/weight loss clinic
However, we are open to applications from any specialism.
If you are interested in working with us, please read the Job Specification below and contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form. Please include your current skills/expertise in the request so that we can forward you the correct application form.
2022 - Peer Reviewer - Job Specification , file type: PDF, file size: 54 KBPublished:54 KB