Skip to main content

Need to contact a healthcare provider?

If you need to contact a healthcare provider please note as the inspectorate and regulator of healthcare this is outside of our remit of work. However, if you are looking to provide feedback about a healthcare service please report your concerns to us.

Healthcare Inspectorate Wales (HIW) in the independent inspectorate and regulator of healthcare in Wales. We inspect NHS services, and regulate independent healthcare providers against a range of standards, policies, guidance and regulations to highlight areas requiring improvement.

Recently, we have been receiving queries regarding appointments and medical records. However, please note that the following matters are beyond the scope and remit of HIW, and we are unable to offer assistance or advice on these areas beyond the listed information below:

To find an NHS Dentist – please contact the Dental Helplines.

To make an appointment or change an existing appointment with your healthcare provider, or to access your medical records, please contact your healthcare provider directly. To find your existing healthcare provider, or to find a new healthcare provider, please see Services Near You.

For access to GP Medical Records for an individual who is not currently registered with a healthcare provider or is deceased, please contact the NHS Wales Shared Services Partnership.