We know that we may not always get things right. If this happens, it is important that you tell us about it as soon as possible so we can take immediate action.
We can deal with complaints about how we carry out our work, including complaints about members of our staff or people working on our behalf.
This may include:
- something that we may have done or should have done;
- how we have handled your request for information;
- how well we have carried out our work as the inspector or regulator of healthcare; and
- how we have treated you.
Who can complain about us
- If you have been directly affected by the work that we do;
- you are acting on behalf of someone who has been directly affected; or
- you represent a provider of healthcare – in either the public or private sector – that has been directly affected.
Making your complaint
You can make your complaint by contacting us by phone letter or email. We will acknowledge your complaint and let you know who will be dealing with it.
We will contact you if we need further information to help us with our enquiries.
Complaints about HIW are considered in accordance with the procedure outlined in the Welsh Government’s complaints policy.
If you are not satisfied with the way we have dealt with your complaint you can refer your complaint to the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales.